Alzheimer’s and dementia care in New Braunfels, TX is available in The Cottage at Élan Westpointe. Our specialized team provides a personalized approach for those with dementia or Alzheimer’s.
Our assisted living and memory care community provides long-term residential care for loved ones. These options extend to support family caregivers, too.
Why are New Braunfels Alzheimer’s care homes so important?
Dementia is a day-to-day reality for over six million Americans. More than 400,000 face this journey in Texas. The statistic is expected to double by 2050.
Memory care programs in Texas are needed to support the millions of family members who care for aging loved ones. This form of personalized care is helping Lone Star families create stronger bonds and higher quality of life.
Defining Alzheimer’s and Forms of Dementia
Dementia is a collective term for neurological disorders causing cognitive decline. Forms of dementia can be caused by:
- Traumatic brain injury
Symptoms range from memory loss affecting daily activities to difficulty with problem-solving. Language challenges, confusion, impaired judgment, and behavioral changes are common. However, the severity varies among individuals.
- Alzheimer’s accounts for 60-80 percent of dementia cases. The symptoms worsen over time, rendering independent living challenging and eventually necessitating round-the-clock care.
- Vascular dementia results from brain blood vessel damage. It is defined by symptoms like difficulty concentrating, memory problems leading to personality changes, and more.
- Lewy body dementia is caused by alpha-synuclein protein deposits in the brain. It presents symptoms similar to Alzheimer’s, along with slowed movements, sleep disturbances, depression, and anxiety.
Diagnosis involves a physician’s evaluation, including physical examination, mental and laboratory tests, and imaging studies like MRI or CT scan. Therapies may include medication and lifestyle modifications.
Over one million Texans provide home-based care to a loved one with Alzheimer’s. It’s an honorable but often stressful duty. Memory care programs offer much-needed support. Senior care in South Texas is a crucial resource. Enjoy better days with your loved ones again, thanks to these programs.
What is memory care?
Memory care is a specialized form of assisted living. It focuses on providing effective support to seniors with the cognitive changes associated with dementia.
Dementia care takes into account the unique needs of residents. Senior living communities offering this level of care use specialized therapies to ensure individuals’ comfort and quality of life. These practices include:
- Creating a secure and structured environment
- Providing timely reminders and cues about daily routines
- Offering skill training to increase independence
- Promoting social activities
- Maintaining a sense of purpose
- Providing individualized therapy to assist with communication
Memory care offers health care designed to improve the lives of individuals with all types of dementia. Advancements in dementia care training programs help team members create comforting and secure environments.
Cognitive health is boosted by strategies such as:
- Reminiscence therapy
- Pet therapy
- Musical therapy
- Creative projects
- Brain puzzles
Memory care is an innovative approach to caring for those who need it the most. This specialized service is typically not available in traditional nursing homes.
Alzheimer’s Senior Care in South Texas
At Élan Westpointe, we understand that every individual has different needs and preferences regarding their care. Our team of experienced professionals works closely with family members to design personalized care plans. This benefit allows us to focus on your loved ones’ unique needs and goals.
Our memory care services include:
- 24/7 monitoring
- Activities of daily living: bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Medication management
- On-site physical therapy
- Signature socialization and fitness programs
- Specialized nutrition
- Housekeeping and sanitation services
We know that providing quality dementia care can be challenging for families. That’s why our team is dedicated to providing passionate support throughout the process. Dementia Live is one program we use to bring families closer together.
Our memory care brings residents and families together through experience and evidence-based practices. What we do is essential to helping New Braunfels families remain connected.
Visit Our New Braunfels Memory Care Location
Discover passionate dementia care in New Braunfels, Texas at Élan Westpointe. Our community is 30 miles from downtown San Antonio. Contact us to get started.