Information Collected by Civitas
- Anonymous Information. Anonymous Information is aggregate data that websites use to operate the Site. It may include such information as your browser type or your Internet Protocol (IP) address. We may from time to time retain third parties to help us collect and aggregate Site visitor information.
- IP Addresses. An IP address is unique string of numbers that is assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Site, avoid hacking attacks on the Site’ servers, and may use it to gather broad demographic information.
- Personally Identifiable Information (“Personal Information”). Personal Information is any information that personally identifies you, such as your name, address, email address or your telephone number. Sometimes this personal information is needed when you contact us. We may ask you to provide us with personal information on a voluntary basis in certain areas of the Site. Specifically, you may be asked to provide the following information: Name, Postal Address, E-mail Address, Telephone Numbers – landline and/or cellular telephone.
- Email Correspondence. There are links or forms throughout the Site that can be used to contact us so you can comment, make a complaint, make suggestions, and ask questions. Your email address and name are required on this form so we can respond to your questions.
How the Collected Information is Used:
- Anonymous Information. Anonymous Information is used internally for Site administration, troubleshooting, and to help improve the quality of the web pages. We may share such aggregated, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics, with existing and prospective business partners and advertisers.
- Personal Information. Personal Information collected may be used for purposes including administration of the Site and communications with you. We also may disclose Personal Information if we are required to do so by law or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law or with legal process; (b) protect and defend our rights and property; (c) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Site; or (d) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public.
- We may use the information collected to notify you of changes made to our Site, to send you promotional materials, and to determine what information and services users want the most. If you contact us for assistance or support, we may use your information to provide service and support to you. We may also provide the information to third parties who assist us in contacting customers about special offers and other Civitas services, programs or events that would likely be of interest to you. We may share Personal Information, such as demographics, with existing and prospective business partners and advertisers that may be of interest to you.
- When you submit your information, you agree to be contacted by a Civitas Representative at the telephone number you provided, in response to your inquiry, between the hours of 6:30AM and 10:00PM CST / 7 days per week. You agree that we may use automatic telephone dialing systems and technology to contact you by phone or text message at the telephone number provided, and send you email notifications regarding promotions and related material on senior living.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
Civitas takes appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic, and procedural measures) to help protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy, and privacy of the collected personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We have put in place reasonable precautions to protect information from loss, misuse, and alteration. For example, only authorized employees and third parties who have agreed to be bound by confidentiality restrictions, such as consultants, may be permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. Security of information communicated by or to us over the Internet is of utmost concern to us; unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Please note that your email or other electronic correspondence with us through the Site, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to us. To protect your privacy, please do not use email or the contact forms provided through the Site to communicate information to us that you consider confidential. Although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communication will always remain secure. Once we receive your transmission, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our internal systems. Depending on the nature of the inquiry, your communication may be discarded or archived. If you wish, you may contact us instead via telephone at the numbers provided throughout the Site.
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In order to submit such a request, please contact us at CCPAinfo@csrliving.com.
Disclosure of Customer Information Through Business Transfers
As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies or businesses, and in so doing, acquire customer information. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets. Similarly, in the unlikely event that a portion or substantially all of our assets are sold or transferred to a third party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets.
Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act of 1998
Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. The Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) defines a “Child” as anyone under the age of 13. We strictly adhere to COPPA. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13, and no part of the Site is structured to attract anyone under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Links to Third Party Websites and Services
Consent and Jurisdiction
This Site is controlled, operated, and administered entirely within the United States. By using the Site, you signify your agreement to the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not disclose any personal information through the Site. This Policy and the use of the Site are governed by Texas law. Any claim related to the Site or this Policy shall be brought in a federal or state court in Tarrant County, Texas, within one year after the claim arises. Users of the Site consent to the jurisdiction and venue of such courts as the most convenient and appropriate for the resolution of disputes concerning this Policy. This Policy and the notices outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any third party.
We may change, modify, add, and/or delete all or portions of this Policy at any time, at our discretion, and modifications are effective upon being posted on the Site. You are responsible for reviewing this Policy periodically to ensure that you are aware of any changes to it.
Your Options and Obligations
We welcome your questions, comments, and all feedback pertaining to your privacy or any other issue with regard to the Site.
If you decide that you do not wish to receive special offers or promotional communications, you can contact us at CCPAinfo@csrliving.com or at the address provided below, indicating that you no longer want to receive information relating to the Site.
At any time, you may revoke your consent, cease further use of your email address to send you updates, and direct us to delete the information you have supplied. Although it is not always possible to remove or modify such information, we will make reasonable efforts to do so. If you have given us information for one of those third parties we mentioned above and we have already passed it on, we cannot delete or change the information.
In the event that you have given us Personal Information in the past and then have second thoughts or want to update it, you may send an email or contact us by regular mail:
930 West 1st Street, Suite 400
Fort Worth, TX 76102