Personal CareUnlike most assisted living communities, those like The Grand are licensed to offer personal care services and do more for your loved one, like providing continually-available nursing care. Having compassionate care staff available 24/7 allows residents to be more independent and gives family members the peace of mind that their loved ones’ needs are met.
- Medical Director oversees all nursing/clinical services
- Trained, compassionate staff on-site 24-7
- Full-time, licensed nurse
- Medication management, including eye drops and blood sugar checks
- Authorized to communicate with physicians and pharmacies
- Monthly wellness assessments
- Ability to provide for in-house labs and x-rays through other organizations
- Maintains resident charts and medication records
- Most long-term care insurance policies cover personal care
- Does not typically offer nurses or nursing oversight
- Can only offer assistance with medical reminders
- Employees cannot determine dosage, administer injections, or other medication
- Employees cannot take orders for or make changes to medications
- Can only administer first aid and then call 911
- Does not provide diabetic management
- Cannot provide in-house labs and x-rays through other organizations
- Few long-term care insurance policies cover assisted living
What Is Life Like at The Grand?
Life at The Grand is grand! We’re one of the most unique retirement communities in Kentucky. Our goal is to empower residents to be as independent as possible while providing caring support. Personal care is resort-style living with the customized care and clinical oversight that your loved one needs. Residents enjoy private, well-appointed, pet-friendly apartments within a community featuring many amenities, including:
- Cable, Wi-Fi, and phone services
- Beautifully landscaped terraces and courtyard
- Walking trails
- On-site pampering salon
- Theater and media room
- Activity room
- Trash disposal
A Passion for Dining
Food brings us together and is so much more than just nutrition. Residents also enjoy passionate dining services that give them the choice to enjoy meals their way. Meals feature fresh, seasonal ingredients and residents can choose from restaurant-style dining, optional in-room dining, a casual bistro with light snacks, an outdoor patio, or a private dining room.
Staying Active and Having Fun
Residents’ interests and preferences are honored with plenty of ways to stay engaged at The Grand. Our signature programs provide the perfect opportunity to socialize and make new friends, or take up a hobby that brings your loved one joy.
You’ll find residents staying fit with Ageless Grace chair aerobics, getting creative with the Art Throb or Green Thumb Club, attending themed events, heading out for scheduled outings, and even celebrating their special moments.
If you’re looking for the best lifestyle for your loved one, look no further than personal care at The Grand. We’re passionate about making their experience special, providing excellent care, and putting their happiness and well-being first.